- Scoutmaster: Mike Dionne email@example.com 617-686-3216
- Troop Committee Chair: Karen Bograd
- Senior Patrol Leader: Will Dionne
- Full Leadership Contact List
Troop meetings are held at the Faith Community Church on Mondays 7:00-8:30 pm at 146 East Main St, Hopkinton. Scouts should be in their Class A uniforms unless otherwise instructed for a particular meeting. Pre-meeting activities begin at 6:45 pm. If there is no school, there is no meeting.
Sign-up for Troop 1 emails:
Go to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/troop1hopkinton and click “Apply for membership.” Contact Amy Ritterbusch firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the group manually or if you need help adding a second parent’s email or your scout’s own email.
Subscribe to the Troop 1 Calendar:
- You can subscribe to the Troop 1 google calendar on your phone or google calendar or another online calendar.
- This is the iCal URL: http://goo.gl/k0qZCQ
- Click here for more detailed instructions.
Stay Connected with the Troop on Social Media:
Troop 1 is a Boy Scout Troop of about 40 scouts, serving the youth of Hopkinton, Massachusetts since 1916. Our long-time chartered organization was Colella’s Supermarket, but now that they have closed our new chartered organization is Faith Community Church. Our current Scoutmaster is Mike Dionne and our Committee Chair is Karen Bograd.
During the meetings, the Scouts work on merit badges, and Scouting and leadership skills. They also plan for upcoming trips by checking and organizing necessary equipment, planning menus and assigning chores. The meetings usually end with a game that is decided by and lead by one of the patrols.
The Patrol Leaders Council (PLC) generally meets the last Monday of the month at 5:30 pm before the regular meeting, to plan the next month’s meetings and trip. Check the calendar for PLC dates.
The Troop Committee generally meets the second Tuesday of the month via conference call. Check the calendar for Committee Meeting dates.
All scouts and families are expected to participate in our three annual fundraisers:
- PolyArts Sausage & Concessions Sales – September
- Holiday Tree Sales – November/December
- Pasta Dinner & Silent Auction – June
Some of our annual service projects include:
- Scouting for Food – November
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Day of Service – January
- Dinner for local seniors at Hopkinton Housing Authority – March/April
- Replacing flags on veterans’ graves – May
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make moral and ethical choices over their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Scout Law.